We are committed to the provision of an excellent and challenging learning environment for students and staff. As a part of this mission we recognise the worth and potential of every individual and the need to work together to challenge disadvantage and create opportunities.
We aim to make people from a wide range of backgrounds feel welcomed, included and comfortable plus we aim to treat everyone with dignity and respect.
The Equality Act 2010 replaced previous anti-discrimination laws with a single act.
The public sector Equality Duty within the Act came into force on 5th April 2011. This applies to public bodies and those carrying out public functions such as ourselves and requires us to consider how different people will be affected by our activities.
Our General Duty is to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination;
- Advance equality of opportunity;
- Foster good relations between those who share protected characteristics and those who don't.
The nine protected characteristics are: age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, sexual orientation.
This General Duty is supported by Specific Duties which came into force on 10th September 2011.
These require us to:
- Publish relevant and proportionate information demonstrating our compliance with the Equality Duty (at least annually);
- Set ourselves specific, measurable equality objectives and publish them (at least every four years).
On this page you will see find downloads to PDFs of the following information:
- Our Equality and Diversity Policy Statement;
- Information relating to people who share protected characteristics and who are affected by our policies and practices - students and employees.
We are continually striving to improve our accessibility through flexible responses to individual needs, identities and preferences. We would like to hear from you if you have any comments which can help us in this area.
For staff enquiries email: email@example.com
For student enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For wellbeing and disability enquiries email: email@example.com