Cleaners (part time) x 2 posts
We are looking for part time cleaners to join our morning cleaning team, who support our teaching and performance activities. Training can be provided where necessary for applicants with limited experience.
16 hrs per week
Monday and Friday 6am – 9:30am
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 6am – 9am
£10.52 per hour
- To clean the allocated area, in accordance with the work schedules provided.
- To ensure that the work is carried out safely, complying with all instructions given, and in accordance with Health and Safety Regulations and COSHH.
- To ensure personal safety, safety of other colleagues and all other LIPA users, whilst carrying out duties. This includes the wearing of appropriate protective clothing and footwear, and the correct use of signs.
- To ensure the safe keeping of keys where necessary, and the belongings of those people in whose areas you clean.
- To ensure that instructions on chemicals in use are followed exactly.
- To ensure that all equipment is used in the correct manner for the appropriate task and is stored safely and cleaned regularly.
- To report any maintenance or Health and Safety problems to the Head of Estates.
- To cultivate and maintain good working relationships with both fellow workers and other users of LIPA.
- Must be hardworking, reliable, and committed.
- Must be able to obtain an Enhanced DBS clearance satisfactory to LIPA.
- Ability to meet LIPA standards in cleaning and attendance.
- Ability to work un-supervised.
- Some flexibility in working times for additional hours.
- Must be able to work as part of a team.
In return we offer a generous pension, 22 days holiday entitlement, closure days and bank holidays pro-rata, plus complimentary tickets to our inhouse productions.
We are looking for the successful candidates to start as soon as possible.
Closing date for applications: 12.00 noon on Monday 5th June 2023.
CV’s will not be accepted as we are a Higher Education Institute.
Our Commitment to Equal Opportunities
As an equal opportunity’s employer, LIPA is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
As part of our Strategic Plan for 2023-2026 we are seeking to increase the diversity within our community and would particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups, such as people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups, people with disabilities and those identifying as female, non-binary or trans-gender.
Appointments will always be made on merit.
LIPA - a registered charity No. 1001565.