LIPA is a world leading provider of university-level performing and creative arts training. We have a vacancy for a Cleaning Supervisor to supervise our established cleaning team, who is reliable, flexible, and conscientious.
The successful candidate will ensure that LIPA’s cleanliness standards are met and maintained by the Cleaners in the building and will be required to resolve any issues in relation to cleaning which arise unexpectedly.
You will need to have good attention to detail, good communication skills and be able to work well with and motivate other cleaning staff. You will also have some cleaning duties and you will be expected to lead by example.
16 hours per week
Monday and Friday 6am – 9:30am
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 6am – 9am
£12.34 per hour
- To ensure high cleanliness standards and maintained.
- To ensure that attendance of cleaning staff is monitored and recorded.
- To assist the Cleaning Manager in ensuring stock levels of disposable items are at an appropriate level.
- To always adhere to Health and Safety regulations.
- To report any building maintenance to the Head of Estates.
- Extensive cleaning experience working to a high standard.
- Sound working knowledge of cleaning methods, materials, and use of powered cleaning equipment.
- Organised and reliable.
- Ability to meet and maintain LIPA standards.
- Ability to work un-supervised and motivate other cleaning staff.
In return we offer a generous pension, 22 days holiday entitlement, closure days and bank holidays pro-rata, plus complimentary tickets to our in-house productions.
We are looking for the successful candidates to start as soon as possible.
Closing date for applications: 12.00 noon on Monday 5th June 2023.
CV’s will not be accepted as we are a Higher
Our Commitment to Equal Opportunities
As an equal opportunity’s employer, LIPA is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
As part of our Strategic Plan for 2023-2026 we are seeking to increase the diversity within our community and would particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups, such as people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups, people with disabilities and those identifying as female, non-binary or trans-gender.
Appointments will always be made on merit.
LIPA - a registered charity No. 1001565.