We have vacancies for part time cleaners to join our morning and afternoon cleaning teams who support our teaching and performance activities. Training can be provided where necessary for applicants with limited experience.
Morning cleaner x 3 posts
16 hrs per week
- Monday and Friday 6am – 9:30am
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 6am – 9am
£8,353 per annum
Afternoon cleaner x 1 post
10 hours per week
- Monday – Friday 1.30pm – 3.30pm
£5,220 per annum
1. To clean the area allocated, in accordance with the work schedules provided.
2. To ensure that the work is carried out safely, complying with all instructions given, and in accordance with Health and Safety Regulations and COSHH.
3. To ensure personal safety, safety of other colleagues and all other LIPA users, whilst carrying out duties. This includes the wearing of appropriate protective clothing and footwear, and the correct use of signs.
4. To ensure the safe keeping of keys where necessary, and the belongings of those people in whose areas you clean.
5. To ensure that instructions on chemicals in use are followed exactly.
6. To ensure that all equipment is used in the correct manner for the appropriate task and is stored safely and cleaned regularly.
7. To report any maintenance or Health and Safety problems to the Head of Estates.
8. To cultivate and maintain good working relationships with both fellow workers and other users of LIPA.
• Must be hardworking, reliable, and committed.
• Must be able to obtain an Enhanced DBS clearance satisfactory to LIPA.
• Ability to meet LIPA standards in cleaning and attendance.
• Ability to work un-supervised.
• Some flexibility in working times for additional hours.
• Must be able to work as part of a team.
We are looking for the successful candidates to start as soon as possible.
Please send your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
CVs will not be accepted as we are a Higher Education Institute.
If you require any further information, please contact The Recruitment Team at email@example.com or 0151 330 3000.
Closing date: Tuesday 31st January 2023 at 9am.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy without notice when we have received a sufficient number of applications from which to make a shortlist. Please ensure you apply without delay if you wish to be considered for a cleaning role.
As an equal opportunity’s employer, LIPA is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join our Institute.